UPDATED April 18, 2019
FULL TIME AND PART TIME SECURITY OFFICERS NEEDED, NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY.
We are now interviewing for several openings in the Puget Sound area, including the Everett area. We are looking for HIGH QUALITY APPLICANTS for IMMEDIATE HIRE!
*You must submit a completed NWSS job application prior to your interview, which you can get at our main office prior to your interview.
Please CALL our office at (206) 365-0760 if you have any questions or to make an appointment for an interview.
We're looking for candidates who are qualified, impressive and top-notch!
Below are the available dates for interviews. Candidates may call our office at 206-365-0760 to schedule an interview. All candidates meeting minimum qualifications and licensing standards will be offered interview times.
*** Monday, April 22, 2019, by appointment.
*** Tuesday, April 23, 2019, by appointment.
*** Wednesday, April 24, 2019, by appointment.
*** Thursday, April 25, 2019, by appointment.
*** Friday, April 26, 2019, by appointment.
Driver qualified candidates are PREFERRED. To be driver qualified you must be 21 years of age, with a good driving record, which includes no suspended, revoked, DUI, reckless, hit and run and/or negligent convictions over the past five years, and no more than two traffic infractions over the past three years. We do have some FT and weekend PT positions that do not require you to be driver qualified. If you have questions regarding your traffic history against our requirements, please give us a call, and we will be happy to address your questions.
FULL TIME candidates should be flexible and available to work ANY (24/7) available shift schedule, without reservation. A steady full time shift assignment would be, in most cases, our eventual goal, but initially we would require a great deal of flexibility with shift assignments. We try to avoid assigning overly disruptive schedule assignments. We generally have lots of work available; including overtime hours, but newly hired security officers should expect to be scheduled to fill gaps until we can arrange a permanent, long time schedule for you.
PART TIME candidates should be seeking STEADY, LONG TERM WEEKEND positions that should not be considered stepping stones to full time positions. Our goal is to place you immediately into a particular weekend site assignment and then once you are oriented and trained, expect you to provide dependable, regular weekend security services for that particular site or client.
WE TRULY PROMOTE FROM WITHIN!! We don't just say it, we do it!
Exceptional Benefits!!! Medical (FT), Dental (FT&PT), Vision (FT&PT), 401K (FT&PT), Paid Personal Time Off (FT&PT), Tuition Reimbursement (FT, then PT allowed after qualifying), more!!
Principals only. Please only come into our office, in person, to obtain, complete and submit your application.
Please do not email your resume. Emailed, faxed and/or mailed inquiries and resumes will not be considered.
Exceptional communications, customer service and problem solving skills are required. Candidates will be tested for written comprehension and problem solving skills in the English language. Other qualifiers, such as a reasonably responsible lifestyle for these particular positions which exemplify honesty, integrity and trust, as well as other requirements, will apply.
Please review the Essential Functions and Essential Functions Performance Factors on our website before coming in to apply.
You do not have to have prior security experience to work for us. You do need to be very attentive to detail and willing to learn how to provide quality security services for our valued clients. We currently employ individuals who have, or are pursuing, advanced college degrees, as well as many talented individuals with employment experience and/or expertise in a wide variety of professional disciplines.
We will train successful candidates and provide good quality, well-fitting uniforms.
Stable employment and residence histories are strongly preferred.
A high school diploma or GED is NOT required. Demonstrated necessary skills, particularly verbal and written comprehension and problem solving skills, under time pressure, are required.
If you have already been interviewed and you were not hired, you must wait 12 months to reapply unless special arrangements have already been conveyed.
If you were interviewed within the past 60 days and met all requirements for employment, but were not selected, please call to be put back on the interest list.
Thank you for your interest!
We openly identify our company name and contact information in our employment ads. Please be very careful about who you share your personal information with!!
We were one of the very first companies in Washington State to be granted a state security license. We've been located in Shoreline for the past 31 years and we've been at our current office location for the past 18 years.
Check the competition, then see us.
NORTHWEST SECURITY SERVICES INC.
Proudly Serving the Puget Sound Business & Residential Community Since 1982
We value our employees!!!
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
- Be a United States Citizen or Resident Alien (RCW 18.170.030)
- Have no criminal convictions that directly relate to your capacity to perform the duties of a private security guard or that hinder public safety (DOL Sanctions)
- Successfully complete a drug screening
- Responsible lifestyle
- Some conservative appearance requirements must be met
- Exceptional English language, customer service, communication and problem solving skills are also required.
If reasonable accommodation to meet any concern within the List of Essential Functions is requested and/or required, an interactive discussion with a manager will occur and a decision will be issued.
For more information on the licensing process with the Washington State Department of Licensing, please see their website for more details. Northwest Security Services, Inc. complies with all Local, State and Federal Laws, and provides all applicants equal opportunity for employment. All potential applicants are encouraged to apply!
- Unless a specific exception is granted prior to hire, employees are hired for potential assignment to any, not just a preferred, NWSS contracted site, or multiple sites, including sites where alcoholic beverages are sold and/or served, and/or any, not just a preferred, shift assignment, and must be ready, able and willing to meet the basic requirements described herein.
- Greets and assists arriving tenants, visitors, and guests within an assigned site with discreet, exceptional customer service skills.
- Serves as a visible uniformed deterrent to inappropriate and/or illegal activity on an assigned post or site.
- Serve as an attentive, highly visible point-of-contact for arriving and departing site employees and/or residents, as applicable, as well as for customers, visitors and after-hour occupants.
- Meets our conservative professional image standards at all times while on duty. Presents requests for modifications to uniform attire and/or symbolism requirements for personally held beliefs prior to employment or at the time of belief change for management approval prior to implementation, if the required modification was not intially worn or displayed during the pre-employment interview and approved at that time.
- Provides courteous assistance, directions and escorts, as allowed, in response to requests.
- Acts, in many cases, as the first responder and/or facilitator for a building or site emergency response, utilizing exceptional problem solving and communication skills.
- Responds to and investigates suspicious circumstances and security incidents utilizing exceptional problem solving and communication skills.
- Must be ready, able and willing to interrupt a paid meal and/or rest break for necessary and/or expected responses to emergencies, time-sensitive security needs, reported suspicious behavior, activity of concern at your site and/or client requests for service.
- Accurately and consistently documents situations and incidents in hand written and/or computer report formats, using clear, concise verbal and writing skills in the English language with legible handwriting and/or depending on site requirements, computer keyboarding and/or software program utilization skills.
- Monitors and reports regular, irregular and/or suspicious site activity visibly observed, heard, sensed and/or smelled, in person and via closed circuit television.
- Utilizes clear, concise verbal communication skills, calmly and correctly utilizing and pronouncing each word in the English language, to gather and pass on information to and from clients, site support personnel, co-workers, residents, tenant employees, customers and/or public safety agency representatives.
- Maintains calm composure and responds safely, efficiently and effectively, during emergency, potentially stressful and/or exciting situations or circumstances, including to fire alarms, bomb threats, with upset, insulting and/or uncooperative individuals, and/or in difficult and/or challenging situations, carefully exercising polite, exceptional communication, customer service and problem solving skills utilizing trained response options.
- Conducts random and/or scheduled interior and exterior walking patrols under varying weather and/or environmental conditions, including rain, snow, ice, wind, darkness, isolation and/or crowds, in buildings, campuses, facilities, parking garages and/or downtown alleys, regularly ascending and descending fire stairwells and negotiating uneven and/or slippery terrain, to observe, detect, report and/or address safety and security concerns.
- Cautiously approaches potentially unauthorized persons within site boundaries to inquire about the legitimacy of their presence and, when appropriate, politely provides encouragement for cooperative departure. Determines if site access criteria is met, if required at entrance points, and politely declines unauthorized admittance.
- Following receipt of relevant and/or necessary training, works independently without direct supervision or assistance.
- Takes polite, effective responsibility for the safety and security of an assigned post or site, meeting client expectations for exceptional customer service at all times.
- Maintain a reasonably stable, responsible lifestyle to support continued position of trust eligibility.
- Eligibility to meet requirements to obtain and maintain a Washington State unarmed security guard license.
- Regular and punctual attendance.
- Dependable transportation to and from an assigned site where employee parking may or may not be readily available.
- Telephone, portable email device and/or a dependable, highly efficient, communicated method for schedulers and supervisors to initiate contact on short notice to resolve scheduling and communication needs and concerns.
- Ability to efficiently and effectively read, write, speak and listen in the English language.
- Occasional moderate to heavy lifting, carrying while ascending stairs, and/or using items such as large fire extinguishers.
- Occasional reaching, pushing, pulling, stooping, bending, squatting and twisting.
- Frequent and prolonged standing and/or walking.
- Consistent fast pace walk to run for a 1-3 minute time period, including ascending stairs.
- Ability to quickly, appropriately and safely react to potentially hazardous, dangerous and/or frequently changing situations.
- Ability to effectively interact with client representatives, co-workers, field supervisors, site supervisors, managers, police officers, fire fighters and the public, with clear, concise communication skills, cooperation, respect and courtesy.
- Ability and willingness to work varying shift assignments, at different times during the day and night, and overtime and/or extended shift assignments, as required in cases of imminent need and/or emergency.
- Ability to effectively, correctly and reliably follow directions.
- Ability to consistently refrain from abusive, disruptive, offensive, illegal and/or insubordinate behaviors.
- Good vision, hearing and smelling senses.
We promote from within.
We are currently advertising externally for the following positions:
NWSS employees may be eligible to receive:
- Paid time off compliant with or better than City of Seattle Paid Sick and Safe Time Ordinance for ALL employees, both full time and part time, and not only those that work within the Seattle City Limits!
- Excellent Medical/Prescription benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- 401k retirement plan
- Direct deposit
- Credit union membership
- Tuition reimbursement incentive program
- Uniforms and equipment furnished and replaced by NWSS as needed
- Flu shot reimbursement
- Longevity/Appreciation certificates & awards
- Retail discounts & more
- Advancement Opportunities
- Overtime Available
Use the link below to apply.
Please be advised that our online application is currently in BETA testing. If you have trouble using our online application, or require special accommodation, a paper copy can be obtained at our office, Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
Applicants who provide a completed application during the open interview sessions listed above will be provided with an on-the-spot interview when available. Please note that using our online application does not guarantee you will be interviewed. Interviews will be conducted during open-interview sessions or by appointment only.
If you have any questions, or if you would like to schedule an interview, please call us at 206-362-8142.